01 November 2013

Making bread and a brief word about simple food


We have some special guests coming for dinner tomorrow. They know more about food than I could ever hope to learn myself. It can be intimidating to cook for intelligent pallets; however it is also quite exciting. I love to cook, but my dishes are very simply. I grew up with over seasoned food. Now, when I look at Van Gogh's The Potato Eaters my stomach begins to rumble and mouth begins to water. It's all about the (good) ingredients.

On the menu tomorrow we will be having a simple beef stew and brown yeast bread. Jude likes to help in the kitchen, so we have to account for that when timing the meal. Rather than complicate things tomorrow, we decided to bake the bread today. I'm amazed at how good he is in the kitchen and he's not quite three.

No comments: