05 November 2007

The End Begins

As I may have mentioned at some point, Meg and I work in the field of academics. Meg is a professional writing center tutor and I am an adjunct English instructor. This Fall has actually been our first semester at our humble jobs and already I am feeling sad that it is almost over. I love my students. However, I received my Spring semester contract in the mail and it was a boost to think of the types of lessons I'll be teaching.

Much like the feelings I've been having about my classes, I have been a little bummed about the garden season coming to a close. It had certainly been a learning experience; there were some surprise yields from some plants and some devestating results from others. But, it hasn't taken long for Meg and I to start thinking of next years garden and we still have a good deal of our cold weather crops showing tremendous promise under our row covers. A lot of our ideas are just brainstorms, but we will definitely be re-utilizing John Jeavons's How to Grow More Vegetables Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine.

If you have a small garden and you want to get the most out of it, while being completely organic of course, than you must reference this book. We used it for the first time this year and the results were good and it was a whole lot of fun.

No comments: