I used to make this meat loaf for my roommates in college. I don't know how the recipe came into being—I think I just used all the sensible ingredients available at the time. The outcome was good enough that I've been duplicating it since and my old roommates' wives tell me they can't make their own without hearing about mine.
The following recipe makes four two-pound loaves.
- Ground Beef - 3 pounds
- Sweet Sausage (not in casing) - 1 pound
- Ground Lamb (the original had deer) - 1 pound
- White Onion Diced - 3 medium
- Celery Diced - 3 stalks (pick some leafy ones)
- Garlic Rough Chopped - 1 bulb
- Bread - 3 slices
- Eggs - 3
- Soy Sauce - whatever you're in the mood for
- Ketchup - a good healthy squirt (must be Heinz)