27 October 2008

Reacquainted


The garden continues to produce. After the tomatoes died back, the garden took on a shaggy look. It's quite embarrassing. There have been a few frosts, but the floating row covers have kept the greens and beans in check. I actually think the produce during the fall is much sweeter than its spring counterpart. That's probably wrong, but eh.

We took a step closer to Future House this week. I had an interview for a tenure position on Wednesday. Yeah, I'll leave it at that. The school is amazing and land in the area is affordable.

The moon this morning looked like the print of a thumbnail on leather-hard clay.

9 comments:

frugalmom said...

One step closer to Future House? Thats awesome....no matter how big the step was.

Christina said...

Produce usually is sweeter in the cold--it turns the starches to sugars. YUM!

Good luck with the interview process. My fingers are crossed for you.

Kelly said...

all appendages crossed for you!!!

i'm so sad I didn't get any fall salad greens planted. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Good luck! I'd live to see what you can do with a place you call your own!

Anonymous said...

I second Christina's comment: things do get sweeter, and more tender. Summer broccoli has nothing on winter greenhouse broccoli, it's like they aren't even related.

Good luck on the interviews!

Have to ask: the dried beans, from Amishland?

Anonymous said...

I think all our gardens look scraggly at some time or another Kelly, that's the nature of being self sufficient lol

Good luck on the job application!

Blessings:)

Anonymous said...

I'll be crossing my finger's here, too.

Ali in Maine

Meg said...

Good luck on the interview, I hope you get it!!

Carla said...

I hope your interview went well. When will they let you know?